Monday, January 24, 2011

Stevie Rae and Rephaim?

I figured it was about time I talked about someone OTHER then Zoey.  
So here it goes.

SPOILERS AHEAD!  If you have not read the entire series and don't want to be spoiled do not read ahead!

When Rephaim appeared to us in "Hunted" I would have never imagined he would someday become the love of Stevie Rae, let alone be imprinted with her.  Rephaim is Kalona's first and favorite son. He is first introduced as the Raven Mocker standing over Zoey's bed when they first return to the House of Night in "Hunted".  He is stabbed by Darius, which Kalona is angry about, being as Rephaim is his favorite son.  He also kills Anastasia Lankford during the escape to the tunnels. In "Tempted" he is discovered during a perimeter search by Stevie Rae, having been wounded in the fight at the end of "Hunted" when Darius shoots Raven Mockers down from the sky.  He speaks to Stevie Rae, and the sound of his humanity rocks her to the core.  For awhile she is very unsure about what to do, but seems to keep going back to him.  She has been saved from death by him multiple times.  When the red fledglings planned to kill Stevie Rae, leaving her on the roof when the sun comes up, Rephaim does everything he can to save her.  Which includes letting her drink from him, therefore imprinting.  Their bond only grows stronger from there.  In the most recent novel "Awakened" Rephaim is caught at the House of Night and forced by his father to choose what he wants, he chooses Stevie Rae and light over Kalona and darkness.  Nyx sees this piece of humanity and gives Rephaim a new form, he is a human by night and a raven by day.  He and Stevie Rae are now officially in a real relationship.

So what do I think of this? 

I like where this is heading.  I've always liked Rephaim even though I was having a hard time seeing Stevie Rae and a bird being in love, or in a relationship for that matter.  Therefore I am ecstatic that he is now human at night.  Which is really the only time he needs to be considering Stevie Rae sleeps all day.  I hope this continues down the path its been going, I love them as a couple.  I also never liked Dallas, he was annoying and for some reason I could always tell he would turn against her.  

But that's just me.
What do U think?

Until next time,
Blahblogger61

Source: Wikipedia.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner