Friday, January 21, 2011

Character 411: Zoey Redbird

I decided I was going to start posting 411's about the characters through out the books, so who better to start with then Zoey?

Spoiler Alert!  If you have not read through Burned do NOT go further!

Zoey is a 16-year-old when she comes from Broken Arrow who, when she becomes a fledgling, moves to the House of Night. Given special powers by the goddess Nyx, whom she encounters in a vision, her crescent moon is filled in and she has an affinity for all five elements (Air, Fire, Water, Earth, Spirit). The first five novels, and portions of the later ones, are written in the first person point of view with her as narrator, so her interior monologues assume center stage. Zoey is a lot like author Kristin Cast was at her age; this was done deliberately, to make it easier for Kristin to tell how Zoey would react in any given situation, and may have added depth and realism to Zoey's character, the most fully developed of the series. Like Kristin, Zoey has a love for brown pop. Zoey has hazel eyes, olive tone skin, and dark brown hair. She is the reincarnation of A-ya, a woman created by ancient Cherokee women, created only to love Kalona and to trap him under the earth, and has some of A-ya's memories. Zoey has a messy love life, always balancing more than one guy at a time. Zoey's soul is shattered when she witnessed Kalona snap Heath's neck. She needs to piece her soul together and return to her body in 7 days or all hell will break loose. The White Bull will kill the Black Bull and Neferet will rule even over Kalona. Darkness will rule as Neferet makes slaves of all humans and vampires. Someone, however, stands between Zoey's soul and body. Heath. Zoey cannot imagine life without him so she is willing to stay in the Otherworld with him forever and let her body die. Stark saves her and she returns to earth.  This is where "Burned" leaves off.  I decided not to post any further just in case you haven't read the new book yet.



My opinion:  I personally like Zoey for who she is.  However, I sometimes get annoyed with her thought process when it comes to boys.  For the most part I understand why it's so hard for her to make those decisions, but when it comes to Loren and Kalona, and anybody outside of Stark and Heath,  I start to get a little frustrated.   I never understood her infatuation with Loren.  He talked to her like she was a piece of meat, like she was just someone he could screw.  That's probably the most annoying/frustrating decision I saw her make.  As you probably already know I'm not a huge fan of Heath but I understand why she loves him so much.  Erik has become quite annoying, he was perfect in the first book and somehow he spiraled out of control.  I think that other then the "guy" thing, I love Zoey for who she is.  She's a very adaptable person,  I feel like when something is asked of her she always makes it happen the best way she knows how, and that's something I admire about this character.  She's not afraid to do what she believes in.


But that's just me.

What do U think of Zoey and her decisions? 
Anything you would change?

Until next time,
Blahblogger61


source: wikipedia.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner