Friday, August 12, 2011

Nick Names

Welcome, Anonymous Ann, and thanks for following :D Hope you enjoy Pandora!


I love nicknames, which makes sense because I'm obsessed with names in general. When I was little I especially liked long names because you could get so many nicknames out of them. I would sit in my room and write down different names and create outrageously far-fetched nicknames to go with them.



Elizabeth: Eliza, Beth, Liz, Lizzy, Lizbeth, Betsy, Betty, Bet.

Anastasia: Anna, Ann, Stasy, Stasia, Tacey.

Alexandria: Alex, Alexis, Alexa, Alexi, Alexia, Alli, Xandra, Xandria.



And then there are the horrible nicknames your mom gives you. I've been christened some real doozies in my years. Check these out:



Sweet Sugar {Not so bad.}

Noodle {...what?}

Noodle Beet {Can I get a wtf?}

Noosk {We've graduated to completely made-up words now...}



I don't even have the excuse of "Oh, my sister couldn't say my name when she was little so..." Nope. Not even. A fully grown woman gave me those.



Now, my sister has some reeeeeally interesting ones too, but guess who's fault that is? >:D *evil laugh* Oh yes. Yours truly. I was a truly creative and random little child at age two. Some of Sarah's nicknames include...



Sooey

Soop

Soo-Potato {That one's actually from my mom.}

Biddle

Biddy

Seech {Lucky for her that one was retired when I was about six.}



What I want to know is why we didn't get cool nicknames like kids in movies, or even my friends? Something like...



The Camera {the Cam Jansen books}

Firecracker {my friend's older brother}

The Brain {Arthur}

Peanut {a friend who's allergic to peanuts}

Bubbles {Galleria in The Cheetah Girls}

Mo {Mortimer in Inkheart}



*sigh* Oh well. The thing about nicknames is that you rarely get to choose your own. That's one thing that was so appealing for me about Blogger in the beginning: You can.



Of course after a while, your name starts to become a part of your identity, whether you like it or not. I got tired of being >insert alias here<. I'm just Stephanie now, and I like that a lot better.



Noosk, however, stays right here, got that? What happens on Pandora...



What about you guys? What are some nicknames you like or hate? How'd you get them?



~Stephanie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Total Pageviews

Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner